Sunday, July 21, 2013
Jasper's Magickal Kitchen: Crafty Crescent Lasagna
Crafty Crescent Lasagna Recipe
1/2 lb pork sausage
1/2 lb ground beef
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 clove garlic, minced
1 dash pepper
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 (8 ounce) cans crescent dinner rolls
2 slices mozzarella cheese (7x4)
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Heat oven to 375.In large skillet, brown sausage and ground beef; drain.
2. Stir in remaining meat ingredients; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. In small bowl, combine all cheese-filling ingredients; blend well.
4. Unroll dough into 4 long rectangles. Place on ungreased cookie sheet with long sides overlapping 1/2 inch; to form 15x13 inch rectangle.
5. Firmly press edges and perforations to seal.
6. Spoon half of meat filling mixture in 6 inch strip lengthwise down center of dough to within 1 inch of each end.
7. Next Layer: Spoon cheese-filling mixture over meat mixture;
8. Now Top with one more layer of meat mixture
9. Next Layer: Arrange mozzarella cheese slices over Top of meat Layer.
10. At Each short end of the rectangle of dough, fold sides of dough 1 inch over filling.
11. At each long end of the rectangle of dough: fold long sides of dough tightly over filling, overlapping edges in center 1/4 inch; firmly pinch center seam and ends to seal.
12. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sesame seed.
13. Bake at 375 for 23-27 minutes or until deep golden brown.
14. To reheat Wrap loosely in foil; heat at 375 for 18-20 minutes.